Cimplicity and Ge Fanuc serie six ??

youssef2010

Hello friends
i want to know how can i establish an communication between Cimplicity for example 8,2 and PLC GE Fanuc serie 6
please the pinout of cable and the setting
thank you

Presumably this is a continuation of this thread:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=106638

Which port on the CCM2 module are you using? What dipswitch settings did you finally settle on? What CCM ID are you using for the CCM2 module when you set up your communications driver in Cimplicity? Does the "Data OK" LED on the CCM2 module indicate any serial traffic when Cimplicity is trying to communicate?

Hello Mr Steve Bailey
about CCM2 i use the port J1(25pin) , i set it as slave RS232 in protocol setting,the led BOARD OK flashing and the DATA OK is on , DIAG1 DIAG 2 are on , about ID i use 90 , i find this value in the software logicmaster when we want to establish communication with PLC , this test is for kepserver

about cimplicity iam not yet used it , i want to test it becase i don't find result with kepserver

Mr Steve
please if there is a way to communicate using port J2 (DB9) without changing the setting ,, we communicate with PLC using protocol peer to peer , i need also the pinout of cable because i tested many without result

Here is some information that may help. It is the setup I used to connect a laptop running Logicmaster Six software. It is the text of an email I sent to a colleague who was trying to set up communication with a Series Six through a CCM2 module.

I got it talking under DOSBox. I’m running XP Pro on my laptop with a real serial port.

First thing I had to on startup of DOSBox before mounting the drive was to set up the serial port using:
“serial1=directserial realserial:com1”

Cable from laptop to CCM card in the Series Six:
Pin 2 laptop to Pin2 Port1
Pin3 laptop to Pin3 Port 1
Pin 5 laptop to Pin7 Port1
Jumper 7 to 8 at laptop end
Jumper 4 to 5 at CCM card Port1

CCM card in the slot to the left of the “Logic Memory” card in the Series Six

Dip switch settings for CCM card Port1:
SW1 Closed
SW2 Open
SW3 Closed
Those 3 set the baud rate at 9600
SW4 Open
SW5 Closed
SW6 Open
Those 3 set it for RS232 slave
SW7 Closed
SW8 Open
Those 2 set it up half duplex, 10 mS turnaround

Logicmaster Six Port setup (F8 – Utility Functions then F6 – Port Setup)
9600 baud
1 stop bit
Parity ODD
8 data bits
XON/XOFF – “N”

Additional Logicmaster Six Setup (F7 – Xpanded Functions then F3 – Comm Setup)
Communications Port Number 1
Communication Protocol Master/Slave
CPU ID Number 1

It started working after I connected pins 4 and 5 on the CCM card Port 1. You may be able to get it working with Peer to Peer as the protocol selection. If you can get it working that way, you can use 255 as the CPU ID which is a broadcast ID sent to any device regardless of its actual ID value. I went online with my parallel connection on the old 386 machine to verify that my Series Six had a CPU ID of 1.