GEfanuc cimplicity motor popup

kakagi

hello all,

i am using gefanuc cimplicity version:8 for scada. in my project there is total 103 motors. for each motor client needs a popup window which appear on clicking on the motors of plant overview page of scada. each popup have to be start/stop, local/remote, and few indication like overload, on feedback, field stop etc.

now my question is---- is it possible to make a single popup screen and called the same screen from different postion of overview page an after opening it got the points associate with the motor. because it is hectic to make 103 popoups and the animations in it.

if by any scripts or any other procedure is available pls discuss. im noob in it pls....

In CimEdit, when you call for popup from overview screen there will be box to put a value for passing variable to new popup. If you set the variable to unique value of motor tag (examble "M3009"), then the popup will be populated with each unique motor tag. The popup will have tags, with variable like "[variable].start" for start tag.

at overview page i have done like that, suppose at motor1 i double click on it and in the variable tab i add an variable name "start" check the public box & assign the point M3009 through the point browser and in events tab i use the mouse down to open the popup by open screen action.

now in popup.cim file in start button in the same way i add variable start in the variable tab and assign public. now in events tab on mouse down i choose absolute setpoint and browse the "start" variable and in below variable value field i gave 1 as the value.

am i doing in correct way? sorry for noob question...

I would recommend that you read up on the following topics in the Help file if you haven't already done so:
CimEdit Variables : Screens>CimEdit Configuration>CimEdit Variables
Linked Objects : Screens>CimEdit Configuration>Linked Objects

The topic of Classes and Class Objects may be helpful for your next project but it is difficult to implement if you have already started.

I agree with what almshouse said and I will try to describe it a bit more. In your project point configuration you will want to classify your points by whatever means that you are identifying your motors. Let's use the previous example of Motor1 and say that it has points for a Start PB, Stop PB, Running status and Faulted status. You would create the following points in your project:

Motor1.START
Motor1.STOP
Motor1.RUNNING
Motor1.FAULTED

On the overview screen you need to then add the event that will open the popup screen. It sounds like you already know how to do that. In the variable tab you would add a variable called "MyMotor" and assign a value of "Motor1" to it. This value will be different for each motor that you have so each motor icon that will cause a popup screen to open will need to have a different event.

On your popup.cim screen you can create a screen level variable called "MyMotor" and check the Public box. The name of the variable must be the same as the name that you used in the Variable tab of the event that opens the popup screen. The animation for the motor status on the popup screen would then use the expression {MyMotor}.RUNNING.

At runtime the popup screen will open when the user clicks the icon for Motor1 and the value "Motor1" will be passed to the popup screen by the event. The expression {MyMotor}.RUNNING will then be evaluated by CimView as Motor1.RUNNING.

I used the variable name "MyMotor" as an example, you may call it whatever you like. I also only used one motor in my example. You can repeat the process for as many motors as you need.

The help file has a lot of good information on how to configure the software. I recommend using it often. Keep trying different ways to do the things that you need and you will discover what works and what doesn't. We were all noobs at some point . . .

thanx a ton 2 all for such a quick and in details reply. i got it and working well. well im using array of points so i configured according to it.

sorry to disturb again i tried the same with virtuual points but as soon as i click on any events of popup screen it says the point is not configured, i think var is passing in the popup screen from main screen but i follow the exact porcedure..