CIP Path

Stran

Hi,
I'm fairly new and was wondering what a CIP path is. I'm currently trying to use the cimquest InGear driver to read tags from AB software

Hello,

From our help file:

Path
This is the path to the endpoint (controller). A "-1" value in the path is ignored. The most common path will be 1 - 0. That is from the Ethernet/IP card to the CPU (slot 0). If the CPU was in slot 1 the path would be 1 - 1. All the non used path fields must be -1. If the path is to a CPU in another rack the path would be longer. Please refer to AB documentation for proper path settings.
Example
Rack 1
Slot 0 ControlNet card
Slot 1 CPU
Slot 2 Ethernet/IP card
Rack 2
Slot 0 ControlNet card
Slot 1 CPU
To access the CPU in rack 2 the path would be: 1 - 0 - 2 - 9 - 1 - 1
1 = Ethernet/IP
0 = ControlNet card in Rack 1 slot 0
2 = Channel 1 of ControlNet card