Cisco IE-2000-8TC-G-E Express Setup "404 - page not found"

FRST_TM_PRGM

When I log on to my Cisco switch via a browser, following the express setup instructions (after boot up is complete, hold exp. setup, exp light blinks green, port 1 blinks green, all wireless clients disabled, proxy servers disabled, plug cat 5 into port 1, open browser, login doesn't pop up, search cisco.com, login in is prompted, login with default: username left empty and password "cisco") I get a black screen with "404 - Page Not Found" in top left corner of the window. The switch will reject any other combination of username and pass. I have successfully used PuTTY to log on to the switch and clear its configuration as well as all vlan data, rebooted, configured IP addressing and entered into the boot menu via the password recovery method (interrupting the standard boot up process by holding down the express setup button while applying power and waiting for the red lights.) I can successfully ping the IP address, (currently set to default: "169.254. 0.1") 4 attempts with 0% loss at 0ms min. 1ms max. I am also able to hard reset the switch vis the express setup button and following the corresponding instructions. So, it appears to otherwise be a fully functioning switch.

I just reset the switch again and deleted config. and vlan data. Same problem.
I would like to avoid downloading and re-installing the IOS if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Capture.PNG

That looks like an autoconfigure IP address that Windows would assign your network adapter on your PC, not an IP address your switch would have. Documentation suggests that switch will be in the 172.20.20.xxx range when in express setup. That switch will also act as a DHCP server when in express setup and I doubt it would assign your PC the autoconfigure IP address range. Set your network adapter to DHCP and do not plug in your ethernet cable until the switch has fully booted. Look at your network adapter properties and whatever is listed as the gateway IP address will be the IP address of the swith.

When using the express setup the switch acts as a DHCP server and assigns the IP address from the APIPA (automatic private IP adress) space. 169.254.0.1/16.

Have you tried a different browser?