Citect 2015 - Multiple Monitors

Peter Laing

Greetings All,

I'm looking for some advice on using a two monitor setup in Citect 2015 (7.5). I've been working with Citect for many years but I've never had a need for multiple monitors until now. Here's what's happening:

I've set the MultiMonitors parameter section in Citect.ini as follows:
Monitors = 2
StartupPage1 = A_Main
StartupPage2 = B_Main

So far so good. The respective pages display on monitors 1 & 2. But when I try to raise a popup window from the page on monitor 2 the popup displays on page 1. This is the command to raise the window : WinNewAt("PopupFaultA1AlarmStatus", 0, 0,(2+8+64+128+256))

Seems like this should be trivial. Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

Pete

Thanks Gary,

I found a copy of the article you mention in the Citect KB - I'll start from there. I hadn't bothered to search the old documentation since I read somewhere that multi-monitors were 'fully' supported as of v7.2. Hopefully it's not too much of a DIY project lol.

Cheers,

Pete

Here are a pair of functions that solved my issue. Use WinOpenMPExt as a replacement for WinNewAt. GetMou provides the page X offset. In my case a page Y offset was unnecessary.

//FUNCTION WinOpenMPExt
// Opens specified window near absolute mouse position - useful when opening popup window on second monitor.
FUNCTION
WinOpenMPExt(STRING sWinName, INT iX, INT iY, INT iMode)

IF WndFind(sWinName) = 0 THEN
WinNewAt(sWinName, GetMousX( ) + iX, iY, iMode);
END
END

// FUNCTION Get Mou***
// Returns absolute mouse position (x)
INT
FUNCTION GetMousX()
INT iMousX, iMouseY, iX, iWinX;

DspGetMouse(iMousX, iMouseY); ! Get the mouse position relative to current window
iWinX = PageInfo(14); ! X Pos of current window
iX = iMousX + iWinX; ! Absolute value for X Position of Mouse
RETURN iX;
END