Citect Alarms

pdsdownunder

Hi All,

I'm working on a site that's running Citect 7.5 and they've asked me to try show only certain alarms on specific machines.
I was thinking of using the INI file on each client to identify each machine and use that as a filtering process.
Is there an easier alternate method...I see they haven't set up an area tag?? could this help??

Thanks in advance.

I do have access to the Engineering workstation and servers...I've created new users which are just the clients machine names on the LAN. I've then added an area number to the area column in the digital alarms dbf file as a test. What I was hoping to do was when a client started up it would take its Machine name from the INI LAN parameter ( which is now a new user) and only have access to alarms assigned to that user...make sense.

I think I've assumed wrong in that in the "Roles" setup of Users the "View Area" has nothing to do with the Alarms Area in the digital alarm setup??