Citect data type issues

pacak

Hi,

I have a problem related to the data types of my IO tags.

It started when I openned the variable.dbf file with Excel and managed to change the column size. I was not able to repaire the damage, so I started a new project from zero.
I typed in the tags again in the project editor but copied one graphics page from the old project, togheter with a cicode file.

When I started the project, most of the tags were #COM. What I realized is that the REAL type tags were OK, but the INT types were not read. When I changed them to LONG, they were displayed on the page.
The question is, why ?

There is also two hardware alarms from Cicode at runtime: "PLC server Data not yet valid" and "Tag not found".
I guess that it is because I only changed the data type of the tags from the page and did not touch the ones from the cicode file.
The second alarm is strange to me, though, since at the compilation I get no alarms.

Any help is welcommed!

PS: the project was working OK (with INTs) before I messed up the variable.dbf
I use Softing's S7 OPC server

Do you still have the original variable.dbf file ? The one with the incorrect column size ? If so you can check in that that your new variable tags EXACTLY match your old ones. Also make a copy of the variable.dbf that is good, use excel with the copy (that way your citect file is still intact) to check the width of all columns. Then you should be able to reset the columns in question to the correct width.

Citect have a program available that enables you to use Excel and save in the correct format. If you have a legal package you should be able to register with Citect and get the software.

Word types must be correct when selected or Citect will not like it.

Just doing 3 projects now with V7.1 beta. Has not been released yet but working very well with Omron PLCs. There are 6 PLCs in 1 project, 8 in the other 2 routed through Omron FINS Gateway and running on Vista. Using Ethernet gateway and Omron Controller Link for peer to peer.

Citect only has the SaveDB.xls and Save_DB.xls files with marcros that saves the DB-III variable.dbf file in the correct format from excel (Right mouse click in excel to display the macros); Note however, the SaveDB.xls macros are from Win98 and will not function in Excel 2007, only in Excel 2003 and earlier.

Citect has a SaveDB.xls version that will work with Excel 2007 - I have it. I do not know if it is generally released yet but can be requested if you are a CIP or you have Gold Support.

It is included in Citect V7.1 beta (due for release) - I have that running on sites as well. Running very well with Vista I might add.

Is your support paid up to date? If so I believe so - if not probably not.