Citect Help

Two questions to Citect experts.

Hello All,
I have two questions.
First one is about the Citect Scada Reports.
We use Citect Scada for building management system in our company. The reporting possibilities are not enough strong for us so we want to extend this system with SQL database and then generate the reports with Visual Studio (also, we need to connect to another database to get some other informations).
Here's the question: why to use Citect Scada Reports to put the tags data to the server instead of using ODBC driver and sending the tags data using a bit of cicode called with an event? What is the advantage of Citect Scada Reports? (I'll have to save about 100 tags every 5 seconds)

Second question is about Process Analyst custom column.
I've added a custom column and I've generated a code to fill that column with some values. I'd like to use an average value for calculation. The problem is a "GetStatistic" method. It just simply doesn't work for me...
Here's a part of cicode:

'***********************
STRING Avg

_ObjectCallMethod(hPen, "GetHorizontalAxisTimeSpan", dtStart, dtStartMs, dtEnd, dtEndMs, 0);
_ObjectCallMethod(hPen, "GetStatistic", "Average", Avg);

'***********************

"GetHorizontalAxisTimeSpan" returns a correct values. "GetStatistic" returns nothing... hPen object must be correct in this case. I tried a lot of things but I can't find anything with debugger and have no other idea how to make it correct... "GetInformation" method works fine...

I'd appreciate any help...