Citect / Historian Backfilling Strings

mcole01

Hi All

I've recently been tasked with the implementation and installation of a Historian system into a plant, and I’ve encountered a major issue, which I hope someone can help me with.

Due to the network architecture the SCADA will occasionally be operating while disconnected from the Historian server, which isn't an issue due to the I/O data being backfilled from trend files, once connectivity is restored... However, there are a large amount of Strings which need to be stored historically too, as citect can't trend strings I’m wondering if anyone has found a sensible work around for this?

I hope someone can help

Kind Regards

Martin Cole

Are the strings free text or are they predefined?
If they are predefined you possible create a number association as in a databases Primary Key field.

Hi kellian,

I'm afraid that it's all free-text, we did ask the question if it could be static text that we could tie to an integer but it's a no go.

Kind Regards

Martin Cole