Citect software

ssembo

There is a free link for the citect SCADA software download. It takes about 680MB. Please help answer these questions.
1. Does citect have an inbuilt PLC where i can write and test my programs?
2. Is this free software a full package or its limited to specific functions?
3. I want to simulate a power system, i have never delt with any SCADA software, but what are the prerequisites to this kind of programming?

Thanks.

1. Does citect have an inbuilt PLC where i can write and test my programs?
Short answer: no. Long answer: you can brew your own if you know how to program it in CiCode or VB, because these languages are used for advanced programming in Citect.
2. Is this free software a full package or its limited to specific functions?
There are of course limits. The package is the full monty, but without a key you have some limitations. If you don't use any external tags (variables), the runtime keeps on running. If you use only one external tag, the runtime runs for 8 hours at a time. If you use more than 1 external tag, the runtime only runs for 15 minutes at a time (or was it 10 minutes?).

You're welcome.

Kind regards,