Citect V7.5 SP1 P29 Connection to Studio 5000 Emulator

j13s

Hello everyone,

Please provide assistance with setting up communications between Citect V7.5 SP1 P29 and Rockwell Studio 5000 Emulator, all running on the same PC. I am working with OPC DA using RSLinx/FactoryTalk Linx Gateway. I have RSLinx Lite and FactoryTalk Linx Gateway 6.11.01. I should mention that I am new to both Citect and Allen Bradley.

My overall objective is create PLC logic templates (valves, motors, etc) and connect them to Citect genie/supergenies. All of this is being done on a test environment.

This is what I have achieved so far:
1. I have created a Network Server on FactoryTalk Administration Console
2. On Rockwell OPC Test Client, my items (alaises) are connecting to the emulator PLC tags using the gateway (not RSLinx OPC Server).

Now I need to set up Citect. Can anyone provide information on how to do this with the current setup. I have followed the link below with no success: http://proscada.ru/ctkbase.en/articles/q3817.html

I can see on the Citect kernel that the board is online. The tag keeps coming up with "Bad - Device Failure" indication. Can anyone please shed some light on how to get this working? I have attached a snapshot of the Citect device settings. Thanks in advance.

DeviceSettings.jpg

Last edited: