CitectSCADA7.4 Graphics Issue

wangmann164

Hi guys

Ive found this site extremely helpful for logix5000 but i have an issue (hope it can be answered) with citectSCADA7.4. This is my first thread so apologies if its lacking information

Can anyone tell me why my graphics have black dots on them after i have created them and allocated a tag that compiled fine with no errors or warnings?

What are the conditions that create the dots on graphics. besides no comms to PLC?

Cheers Jack.

Hi Jack,

I have recently had a similar problem with Citect with a supergenie.

For the offending graphic, try going to your tag database and copying the tag required for the graphic so that this new tag becomes the last record in the tag database. Then delete the original tag.

Pack, Compile & run - let me know if this fixes the problem

Ian

I noticed you mentioned Logix5000 - is your Citect project talking to a Logix controller? The black dots often mean no data. It's really, really easy to make Citect tags not work when talking to a Logix device. Since the protocol groups tags together into blocks, if you have one misspelled or missing tag you'll see multiple tags offline. You can track down the offender by using the kernel tools and some driver debug settings.

Oh - and don't forget the "if all else fails have you packed the project?" feature. I've had several occasions where there was nothing wrong and packing the project was the only fix required.

Hi guys,

Ian: I made the allocated tag the last entry in the database as you recommended. Packed, Compiled and Run still with no success.

Kenschunk: The citec tag is talking to a AB controllogix L7 through 5000.

I dont quite understand the function of supergenies.
Time to hit the books.

Thanks guys.

Does your project have multiple clusters?
If so make sure cluster context of the tag is being passed through to the graphics object.
ie Cluster.Tag_Name