Cj1w-mad42

Daine Atkins

Hi All.

Please could I get some assistance. I have been battling with an Omron PLC.
Trying to get analogue I/O to work using a CJ2M-CPU12 and CX-Programmer.
I have a CJ1W-MAD42 4 In and 2 Out. Everything on the machine is 0-10V.

I have done all the scaling and setup in the IO Table and checked the dip switches on the card but I am just not having any luck.
Not sure if I am using the correct addressing but according to the datasheet, it is correct.

o_O :sick:

Please help.

There is a Unit/Machine Number rotary switches on the front of the module.

What are the positions of those switches?
There should be a 10^1 and a 10^0 switch.
That is what determines the addressing for the module.

Have you reviewed the W345 manual. This manual covers the MAD42.

Hope this will help.

Analog modules are considered "special" I/O modules in Omron.

Rack position means nothing to the addressing for special I/O modules.

Addressing is determined solely by the Machine or Unit number rotary switch setting.

Let us know the rotary switch settings and we can verify the addressing for the module.

Hope this will help.

I had a look at the analog module.
10^1 and 10^0 are both on 0.

I have a funny suspicion that I am using the wrong address.
Should I be using the CIO addresses or D Register addresses?

With the switches set to 0-0 the outputs will be CIO 2001 & 2002. The inputs will be CIO 2005-2008.
Be sure to set up the module correctly in the I-O table & Unit setup and transfer the settings to the PLC. The alternative is to write code that executes only once at startup to initialize the module.

I am trying to attach screen shots of my IO Table but I am battling with that.
As far as I know, my settings are correct.
Just not sure why I am battling so much.
It seems so simple yet so difficult.

Here is an example of initializing the MAD42 module with ladder logic that I extracted from an existing program. I do it this way so that the program will operate correctly even if the I/O table was not set up properly in CXP or was not downloaded to the CPU.
This particular MAD42 has output 1 set to 4-20ma and output 2 set to 0-10v. All 4 inputs are set to 4-20ma. All the I/O channels are set for 8000 points resolution and 64 buffers averaging.

I have managed to get my Input one working using CIO 2005.
No to get Input 2 working and output one.
I think my biggest task is getting the output to come on.

It shouldn't be a big deal. Just set the value you need in CIO 2001 (or 2002) and you should get an output if the module is set up correctly.
Remember that the output value needs to be scaled to 0-4000 (or 0-8000) decimal.

I think I have my 2 inputs pretty much sorted out.
Except the fact that my Input 2 bounces a lot. it is a pressure transducer with 4-20mA.
I am still battling to get my output working.
It is 0-10V out and scaled to 0-50 using CIO 2001.

You might want to consider using an AVG instruction to smooth out the data from your #2 input.
AVG can directly average up to 64 processor cycles (about 200 ms) of data. If you need more averaging than that, put the AVG instruction in a scheduled task and run the task based on one of the internal clock bits.
DO NOT turn the AVG instruction on and off. That will reset the output value to zero every time you turn it on. Use the P_On bit inside a scheduled task and control how often the task executes.

Comment: I never use the scaling functions inside the analog outputs. I use a multiply (or divide) to scale the data to fit the range of the analog output (0-4000 or 0-8000) and move that data into the output register. That way you can see the actual data when testing. For your application multiply by 80 or 160 first then move the data to CIO2001.

Last edited: