Class 2 Div 2 Din Connector LED

ControlP

Are there any code experts out there that can point me to a reference to support not using a Solenoid DIN connector with a LED in a Class 2 Div 2 area.
Our standard has been to use cables w/o the LED in this area classification but I now need to find supporting documentation. I have been through the NEC art 500 502 and 504 but can not find anything specific. The closest supporting reference I can find is 504.2 (2) definition for a simple apparatus.

Thanks

I don't have the code book with me, but everything in regards to the valves MUST be rated for the environment meaning class2, div 2.

We use Numatics brand valves, everything where I used to work was Class 2 Div 2. or higher.

regards,
james

Similar Topics

I'm looking for some clarification if anyone here is familiar with UL698a panels. Panel is out of zone/class'd area. with thermocouples extending...
Replies
Views
Hi - I am searching for an M12 panel receptacles to use for ethernet connections. I see lots of M12 cables that are ATEX / C1D2 rated but nothing...
Replies
Views
Can someone please recommend a signal light tower that can be used in a Class 1 Div 2 Classified area? Explosive gasses can be present under...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a customer looking for a printer that has Class 1 Division 2 rating. I would like it to have a Ethernet connection and be...
Replies
Views
does anyone have any experience with class 1 div 2 industrial routers. Ive been looking at the various major brands and it seems that the sixnet...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom