Clearing RSLinx History

kekrahulik

We use Rslogix5, 500, 5000 with RSLinx Classic to get online with our AB controllers.

For the modern controllers that support EtherNetIP, we have an EtherNetIP driver setup that conveniently sees all of the available controllers.

For the older PLC5/500 controllers, we have a generic Ethernet driver setup that we need to manually enter the IPAddress of each controller into the "Station Mapping" configuration setup of the driver.

Here's the problem....We changed several PLC's to be at different addresses and also changed the Station Mapping to reflect this. We have no problem getting online using the new address, but when we look at the RSLinx Tree, we see the PLC sitting at the new address(active and able to connect to), but we can also still see the PLC sitting at the old address with a red X, indicating that RSLinx cannot connect to it. We continually get feedback from our electricians that they couldn't get online with a certain PLC - we're figuring out that they are often seeing the X'd out image of the processor at the old address and are trying to get online with it (not realizing that it isn't really there).

So my question....Is there an easy way to get rid of the old images that show the PLC's sitting at the old addresses? I can delete the drivers which isn't a problem for the EtherNet IP driver, but for the generic EtherNet driver, it's a real pain to re-enter all of the station mapping addresses.

Is there an easy way to clear the RSLinx memory?

You should be able to drill into the Station Mapping for your Ethernet Devices drivers and delete the entries that are no longer valid. If you do this on one machine, you could save the rslinx configuration and port it to the other machines.

attachment.php

attachment.php

RSLinx_Stations.jpg RSLinx_Backup.jpg