CLICK Koyo Causing Computer crash

Keyspan will also BSOD

Keyspan is great, but it has the same issue as the rest, caused by Windows (haven't tried the Moxa). If the USB cable from PC to Keyspan wiggles even slightly, Win10 Home does the BSOD. They've changed it now, but the results are still the same - hard crash - Latest updates not saved. This only happens while you are online with the PLC. Always stop communications before unplugging USB.

The solution is to regularly replace USB-A to USB-B cable. Using Device Manager, wiggle cable at PC. If it doesn't disappear, then proceed to online programming.

The P2000 uses a USB to Micro cable. Would be nice if the CLICK would add that. My genuine USB from AD won't run on WIN10.
I'm to the point now where I'll only use the CLICK's with the Ethernet port.
Recently, I've done a few projects with the P2000. I'm making that platform my first choice today. CLICK's only for the tightest budgets.

Last edited:
Trust me that Windows is fibbing to you when it says it is deleting the driver. :) There are multiple caches where drivers are stored and Windows does not recursively search each and every one of them and remove the driver. It can still find it even after supposedly deleting it from Device Manager. Delete the driver, reboot and plug the cable back in. Windows will still find it.

The only way to be sure that it is gone is by removing it from Device Manager and remove it through Add/Remove Programs, then rebooting.

I know this topic is about 5 years old ( I hope the OP is still not crashing :) ) and since someone decided to start up the thread again ... Icky I never responded back to your reply to this and I stand corrected, you are right :geek:

Back to the topic... the one we sell works every time on any PC http://www.plccable.com/usb-to-rs232-plc-programming-cable-special-plctalk-net/

I would not attribute Windows 10 performance issues to issues with the product.
Windows 10 is another Microsoft pile of **** that causes issues with Everything... just like every other time they updated the OS and broke everyone's drivers.
Your issue is with Windows 10, not the peripherals.
Don't expect previous generation products to play well with a new OS. Hardly ever happens. Even when manufacturers update their drivers there still may be problems.

To add a bit more of an update to this thread, the newer USB-RS232 convertors that ADC sells that have the black jacket will work with all newer OS's including Windows 10. Windows Update has the correct driver for this version.

The older gold jacket versions will not since the chipset is no longer supported by the vendor and Microsoft.