Click PLC Output is a voltage divider???

Sprayman

Hi there,

Interesting problem today. Been fiddling around with a Click PLC. I have an extension module for it. A combo discrete 8/8. I am trying to drive an LED with it. Problem is. It seems that I can only get 5V from the output.

First off the pin out simplified is

V+
Y1
Com

Wiring is V+ to Com and y1 ties into that line.

Here is what gives me 5V:

V+ : no connection
Y1 to LED
Com to ground.

With this setup i have a voltage drop of 4-5 volts across the led. and a drop of 19 v between Y1 and ground. I am very confused.

Note, if I use V+ to ground. The led stays on regardless of output state. Likewise, if i tie V+ to 24v. The led stays off regardless (also eliminates the voltage division.

My led is tied to +24V, so I need to tie the output to ground when it goes high.

More detailed pin layout
https://cdn.automationdirect.com/static/specs/c016cdd2.pdf

That is a sourcing output module. You need to connect:
24VDC+ connect to V+
24VDC- connect to C2
Y1 will send out (source) 24VDC when energized.

If you need a sinking output module, you have the wrong module.