Click PLC Output problems

SpringMaker

I purchased a Click C0-02DD1-D plc because i was interested in learning about plcs. The model i purchased has sinking outputs and only 4 input, 4 output, and maybe a couple terminals for analog inputs and outputs. I have a very simple program where i take a fiber optic sensor (keyence FS-17) which is in X001, and turn on the output Y001. Its incredibly simple. When i pull up my data viewer i can see that i am getting my input from the sensor, and it is outputing to the y001 pin just like my program is written. However when i wire the output terminal (wired sinking, as told by data sheet) it does nothing. I checked with a micrometer/ voltmeter and when the y001 turns on, there is not conductivity between the common and the y001 terminal. This there something i am missing. I have wired up simple push buttons to output to a light, and have never had this problem The output itself is a 24v relay wired to a seperate power supply(24v 1.3A PS)

What are your thoughts? Could i have burned out the terminal for the outputs? ( i ahve tried different Y outputs and still the same.)

I can also see that my light for the output is flickering as well as my input for my fiber optic.

Thanks Spring Maker
Thanks

Is your light for the y1 output coming on on the click? your common terminal c2 should have your common/neutral in it. Then the relay you are switching should have 24vdc going to it from your source, and the common should return to y1.

As for your input flickering are you referring to the light on the click? the module you have should be able to do sinking or sourcing for the inputs depending on your wiring so you can configure it for the device depending what you run to c1. The outputs can only be sinking though.

It may help to post an image/diagram of what you have wired.

🍻

[from @joseph_e2:] ... Tie the power supply 0V terminal to C2[; and tie] the [power supply +]24V terminal to the high side of the load and [also tie that same power supply +24V terminal to the] terminal V+ on the PLC. Then, connect the low side of the load (terminal A2 on a 24VDC relay) to the output point Yx.
Untitled.png
@joseph_e2: is that what you meant? It made more sense to me once I saw the equivalent internal circuit.
_

V+ was not connected

Thanks for your help, i didnt really understand that you need 24v supplied to the V+ to be able to usee the outputs. I assume you need power to the IO in order to turn the solid state switches(or relays) on and off.

I really appreciate the help. When it comes to PLCs it can be difficult to find anyone who will help you out without trying to charge you for it(which they probably deserve)

Thanks, SpringMaker