Closed loop controller I/O Redundancy

Contr_Conn said:
The owner of this forum and posters may get in big trouble for any technical contacts with Iran. This forum located in US and all US laws apply.

So what if the poster posts under a differnet name with a different location? Then how are you to know the difference? Additionally how do you really know that he's actually from Iran, and not a U.S. cit with Iranian heritage?

I'm not one who's for passing sensitive information to rogue nations who threaten the regions stability, but there's nothing here that cant be googled, or would be considered sensitive in nature. If you feel a post may be inapproperate for any reason then just report it to Phill and let him decide.

Consider that you are in my shoes, What do you do?
You select redundant or non-redundant I/O for Closed loop control?
Shall I wait for manufacturer recommendation or I have to dictate my idea?
You know that more I/O is more money.Today 09:34 AMIn my biz, the spec rules.

I'd get manufacturer's information on the analog inputs/outputs for whichever DCS(s) you're considering and see where that leads.

I suspect most DCS's do not use multiplexed AI inputs, so standard in puts will probably comply with the spec.

I/O from any brand DCS is a lot of money.

Dan

The person who deleted my innocent reply indicates that I was right (you understand)

Still, Contr_Conn's vision is more than strange.
Do you have any personal negative experiences with Iran or people from there? Can you list all countries who are under US embargo without googling?

Can you list all countries who are under US embargo without googling?
Sure I can, this is a part of my job.

elevmike: Person identified his location as Iran, so all US laws apply.

This is my last post in this thread.

Last edited:
I read the spec and all discussions. There is no need for you to choose redundant I/O for closed loop controllers. You need just to choose AI / AO cards which have separate A/D or D/A convectors;)

Hi dan,
I got your recommenadion useful.
Mehdi some how confirmed your comments.
I will proceed with single.
Happy newyear + one second in advance.