CLX5000 clearing udt array?

johnfarrugi

I have a udt made up of a few dint and stings. I built an array using this udt and I'm looking to figure out how to set all the dints in the array to zero and empty all the stings.

The absolute easiest way, is just create a new instance of the UDT (which will then be blank/zeroed) and CPY it over any other instance you want to be zeroed out.

robertmee said:
Try using the FLL instruction instead.

I get invalid data typefile:///C:/DOCUME~1/JFARRU~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/RSLogix 5000 RLL Scrap 'FLL(Zero_S...'.shs

Its looking for the source to be an element in the udt and not the udt as a whole. Once I select an element the error goes away but I want to take the souce udt and fill every element in the array with it. The source and destination udts are the same type. The only difference is the destination is an array of 100 and the source isn't in an array.

I just tested it to make sure...Works for me:

FLL 0 MyTestUDT[0] 10

It will put 0 in numerics, 0 in Bools, null in strings.

You don't need the empty UDT, just zero.