More than 1 person downloading to a CLX5000.

jdbrandt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a training setup where I have multiple students develop programs on their own laptops, and then, one after another, download their programs onto a shared PLC&I/O station.

Whenever student N+1 attempts to download after student N has downloaded and then gone offline, there is a communication failure reported by RSLinx. But, if student N+1 tries again, it works perfectly.

Additionally, it does not matter if student N and student N+1 both use ethernet, or if one uses ethernet and one uses serial. The initial failure is reported, and the retry always works.

Time does not appear to matter. Same results if done right away, or if waiting a few minutes.

So, is there a "fix" for this, or is this just how it is?

The processor is a 1756-L1, v13 firmware, if that matters.