Code for alarm.

Akparjay

Hello, I am new here and looking for some help with issue we have dealt with.
We have a machine that its do testing on heat exchanger units, job was to Pass units or fail.
Operator sometime encounter a failed unit and machine will throw an alarm and to reset that alarm we have to input a dedicated number to clear the alarm. My question is how do I change that number? is it on the HMI or plc program?
The machine use Allen bradley.

My role is a technician, i took a mechatronics program before but didnt really get to use it much after i graduate. and we dont really have a automation guy here all my co-worker are old school mechanic.
TIA.

There must be a reason for the developer did it that way. Its good you contact them.
Even if there is no other safety or quality concerns, to change this method someone has to look into the programs to understand how to handle this.
Since there is no automation guy around, you have to engage an external support.

Regards

There must be a reason for the developer did it that way. Its good you contact them.
Even if there is no other safety or quality concerns, to change this method someone has to look into the programs to understand how to handle this.
Since there is no automation guy around, you have to engage an external support.

Regards
Thank you for you response and i agree with getting an expert for this issue.
I forgot to mention this machine is obsolete all's we know that this machine was made in Germany. We just had it upgraded with new plc, i think sometime last summer.