Codesys multiple Ethercat masters on one IPC

aand74

If an IPC with Codesys runtime on it has two separate ethernet ports, is it possible to have an Ethercat master on each of them?
I do not find documentation or forum threads on this item.

Thanks

CODESYS Control Standard L lists two instances capability for the following 3 field bus protocols...

Metric
EtherCAT/Profinet/EthernetIP

Standard L
2 Instance

see here... [ Link ]

but doesn't state if that is any two different protocols out of the three listed, or if you can create two EtherCAT or two EthernetIP or two Profinet.

You could simply download the Standard L package, and test it on a PC, they state that the unlicensed system runs for 2 hours at a time before shutting down. Then test if you can create two EtherCAT masters on two different NICs. See the note at the bottom of that page "Note: In demo mode, the software runs for two hours without a license. After that, a manual restart is required."

The first of their case studies on that page shows "2 CANopen master instances: at least license Basic M"
Sure CANopen isnt EtherCAT, but if they do one protocol with two masters, perhaps they do EtherCAT as well.

Could also contact their support.

Patrick

I was also going to say that it should be possible so long as you have multiple adapters to establish individual networks out of.