Codesys network variables = ni pxi network variables??

MrQ

Does anyone have an idea on whether
CODESYS NETWORK VARIABLES are the same as NI PXI NETWORK VARIABLES

I will program a Codesys based Schneider system and will exchange data with a National Instruments PXI system. It seems as the NI has some form of network variables.

Anyoune have any experience with this?

I took a little look at the LabView documentation on their shared variables and while the concept looks similar to CoDeSys, I don't think they are compatible. The LabView shared variables look like a much more complex and capable system than the CoDeSys one.

CoDeSys relies on Symbol files which I don't see mentioned anywhere in the NI descriptions (although they may hide them under the scenes).

In the past when we've shared data between LabView and CoDeSys we used Modbus/TCP. With CoDeSys 3, it might be easier to use OPC but I have no experience with this.

It is possible to use a structure in codesys and have this send to labview (or other way around, however it has some problems with byte count.
simpler is to use OPC.