CodeSys PLC communication

AmazingTrans

Hi there,

I have a standard PLC, that seems like uses Codesys to program.
The PLC is a HMI/Controller that runs on windows embedded.
I could not get the communication settings gateway to scan for anything on the network.
I've tried crossover-cable and it did not work either.
1. What is the typical port that is used on the PLC end?

2. On the PLC end, does it need to have any software running, or gateway software for me to download into it?

Hope to hear from someone!

HighlandControls,

It is a p300 HMI/Controller Lenze. Yes, I am sure it is a codeSys based. Lenze renamed it to PLC Designer, and probably add some touch to it.

I have tried utilizing a port scanner on that IP address, and it shows port 23, 443, 8090 (TCP) are open on that plc ip address.

The questions i have are:
On the P300 Controller, it has the following settings:
IP : 192.168.5.99
gateway: 192.168.5.1

Laptop IP: 192.168.5.100
Gateway: 192.168.5.1 and tried none as well.
On the communication setting of the software, i have the following.
That gateway in this below picture I am assuming it is my laptop?
https://snag.gy/WtagG8.jpg

1. Who is this gateway 192.168.5.1 pointing to?
2. Should me laptop also point to this gateway?

I also found this in some CodeSys manual.
Exactly what i have. But when i hit scan i get nothing. I am using a crossover-cable with the PLC since that is what I had to use when i tried to download the screen to it. Tried using straight and it did not work.

oGOTSm.jpg

disconnect your laptop and the p300 from any network.

Try#1:
put your laptop as 192.168.5.1 ip and gateway
see if it works. I assume that you are using windows, be sure that windows recognizes the network as private and not public.