Codesys Windows vistualization screens, how to add Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
After much reading help documentation and forums for Codesys, I have run out of ideas and once again try the forum which has provided much valuable help in other topics. This time is about tweaking the visualization screen for a Codesys application. And my problem is that the visualization screen takes the full monitor, but the screen does not provide the standard buttons for Minimize/Maximize/Close options which most Windows applications provide. So the question is: Is there a way to set the properties of a Codesys visualization object in such a way that in runtime it is possible to Minimize/Maximize or resize the window, so that it is possible to run other Windows application. At this moment one has to press the Windows start button and from there choose another application, or use [ALT]+[TAB] to switch to other applications. Thanks for reading.

Jkoso:

Thanks very much for your help. I have in the past seen this post but it did not completely help me at the time. Now that I am finishing I am giving it a last try but as you can see in the attached screen from which I have tried to hide information related to the customer, although I can change the size of the screen, I still do not get the buttons on the upper right side.

When I looked into this months ago, I tried to get more options for the [SysWindow] section of the targetvisuextern.cfg. But I hard as I tried, could not find any information. These entries must be related to the Windows .Net Framework somehow, so I think there may be other options for additional buttons. The issue is, why is this not easy to find in the Codesys documentation? Why does one need to dig into forums to get this information? Or maybe it is somewhere right there in front of my eyes but I am unable to locate the information. Thanks for your advice, again and again..

20200418_Screen.png

have you checked these setting:
The following values are possible for WindowType:
0x0000  WINDOW_TYPE_TITLE_FRAME
0x0001  WINDOW_TYPE_FRAME
0x0002  WINDOW_TYPE_NONE

I'm not sure do these settings make the buttons available but worth of try...

Sorry about previous post. I understand what you mean...
I will try:

[CmpTargetVisu]
; The Window... settings can be used for displaying the targetvisualization in a window instead of fullscreen
WindowType=WINDOW_TYPE_TITLE_FRAME

Last edited:
I have had this same issue. Have not found out a way to do it.

Norman, it seems there is no way to configure the Codesys Control Win to dispaly normal Windows buttons. I would hate to have to pay a support ticket and be told that this is not possible. But if I ever really need this function and get enough motivation and budget to cough up the support money, I shall share the solution here.

I thought that I had asked this on the CoDeSys forum in the past but I can't find evidence of this. Really, we mostly use CoDeSys with an HMI so it doesn't affect me that much.

My other thought was if using on linux (like Raspberry Pi) could there be a lunux multi window feature that could help with this? I have not had the time or driving project to investigate this.

If you do find a solution, I believe a lot of people would appreciate learning.

Thanks,