comms problem between rslogix5000 and intouch

jamie90

Hi im having some trouble when comunicating between intouch and the plc. I have around 4000 tags . Some times it works fine but other it doesnt communicate at all , all the tags go red in the diagnostic tab under the SMC console . What could be the problem ?

Im using the SMC console and FSggateway together with RSlinx classic..

thanks!

Hi ! thanks for answering.. I get the message : "Initial update from OPC server after activation/creation of item '[My_project]N100.13' in topic 'MyPLC' never ocurred, injecting bad quality 18h... when comms goes wrong i get lots of these msg

Also I get :

-Failed to add Item N80:89/0 to OPC group 'MyPlc', HRESULT= c0040007

-Item N80:89/0 <02000318> poke failed [hr=c0040001]

-Write operation failed , all items are invalid. Calling remoretransaction and resposecomplete for message <037831f0>

Finally i get this one : ASBSecurity proxy: Connect null findresponse finding IManageASBSecutiry On the SR node MyNode

Have you checked your comm switch, is IGMP snooping active ??, what about ethernet comms, are they forced to 10 or 100 mbps (full duplex) ? The same for your plcs comms.