problem with comms between PC and Panelview600

shercar

Hello, I am trying to get comms up between my PC and a Panelview 600. I have an Acer Aspire 5741 which I have loaded Windows XP Pro on and am using a USB to Serial cable. I have connected to a MicroLogix 1500 PLC without any issue. What settings do I need on the PC and the Panel view. Which drivers do I need to use( I have been trying to use the AB DF1 DH485). Do I go through Panelbuilder32 or use RS Links Classic. In panel builder do I set upload file to DF1 Point to Point? Can anyone help?? Thanks

Last edited:
You will need to post your exact PN of the Panelview. This will help determine cables and communication drivers that you will need.

Hi, it is a 2711-t6c5l1 ser B Rev A FRN 4.3. The cable I bought was off ebay so is probably not genuine. It is a USB-2711-NC13. I did have a little trouble loading the driver. When I run Auto configure it comes up with Error "Unable to verify settings due to packet timeout" Thanks

Your Panelview supports DH485 protocol. If your PC does not have a real serial port you will need the 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter)

If you have a PC with a real serial port then the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx will work with a straight thru cable.

Or use a memory module to load/upload your PV's program.

Once you get the PV's program loaded you will have to configure your ML1500's serial port to DH485 for it to communicate with the PV. Does the ML1500 have one port or two?

Last edited: