Communicate to PLC 5 using 1756-DHRIO.

alhasas96

I have communicated to a PLC 5 via Ethernet network by using 1756-DHRIO from peer communication port DH+. But is it possible to communicate to a PLC5 by terminating Remote I/O Cable to 1756-DHRIO from 1771-ASB.
What is the procedure in details please? Your help will be appreciated.

That is a very good question, but the answer is no.

The Allen-Bradley Universal Remote I/O protocol (RIO) uses the same physical wiring structure as Data Highway Plus (DH+), but the protocol is only for I/O scanning, not for command and control of the PLC-5 processor.

You cannot connect a 1756-DHRIO to a RIO network as an 'Adapter', and you cannot communicate with the PLC-5 using a 1756-DHRIO connected to a RIO channel on the PLC-5.

If you require passing small amounts of I/O information between the ControlLogix and the PLC-5, you can use the 1756-RIO module, which can act as an Adapter (similar to a 1771-ASB). But you will not be able to 'go online' or have random data table access to the PLC-5.