Communication between AB Panel View Plus 1500 and 1756-L61 controller

Hi everybody, First I'm sorry for my english... I'm new here and in the plc world ;). I have a question : between Panel View Plus 1500 touch screen and Allen Bradley 1756-L61B with connection RS232 (sub-D9 connector), what is the connection between all pin? 1 to 1 (straght cable?) or other ? all pin connected ?.

2 :

when you say : To connect the PanelView Plus to a PLC, you typically use a "straight through" serial cable.

PLC is the controllogix ? because in the documentation I have : panel to SLC, panel to PLC, panel to micrologix... but no panel to controllogix ?

thanx you, good afernoon!

Last edited:
hello,
I have same problem. PLC is micrologix and HMI is pv plus 600, they both only serial port, how to configure rslinx enterprise to download .mer to pv plus 600?
how to you solve this problem.
any advisor will appreciate.

PLEASE create a new thread for your question: it does not help anyone to resurrect old threads.

I very strongly recommend using a CompactFlash card to transfer your configuration to the PanelView.

Dealing with the conflict between RSLinx Enterprise and RSLinx Classic as well as Windows COM port details and DTE versus DCE serial ports is complex and difficult to explain.