Communication between PanelView 1000 and SLC 5/04

I am able to download my program into the SLC 5/04. In the RSWho browser I can see the PV when I connect the PC and the PV with RS 232 cable. And when I disconnect it, and connect the SLC and the PC I can also see the SLC. But still I get that error

Would it be possible for you to post a copy of your SLC.RSS program
and a copy of your PV.PBA program. This might help all the experts
at this site to help solve your problem.

P.S. I am not one of those experts but I have programmed both with some success.

Mickey

Commuinicating between PV and SLC

1) Is there a "blue-hose" cable between the PV and SLC?

2) Have you tried swapping the blue and clear wires on the blue hose? (This is the most common communication problem)

3) Have you tried adding terminating resistors to the blue hose?

4) What version of PB32 are you using (see the link in my Post #16)

5) Have you verified that all the addresses set up in tags are valid?

One experiment to try:
Create a new PV application. One screen. One button. Toggle B3/0.
Create a new SLC program. One rung in LAD 2. If B3/0, then OTE B3/1.
Download these, get online with the SLC (via RSLogix), and see what happens when you push the button.

This experiment will check if it's a hardware/comm problem or an application problem.

Actually I have a simple application. It is a Start/stop motor with only one screen. I got it from the PB manual in order to see how the PB-PV system works because it's my first time using it.
Well the person that used the system before had an application. I was just able to run his application and it works properly. But when I try to run my start/stop motor program I get the same error. And on the screen his application is still showing. So I am wondering if it has anything to do with the memory card or if it's my tag database
By the way I am using PB 32 Version 03.80.00

RP said:
. And on the screen his application is still showing. So I am wondering if it has anything to do with the memory card...

banghead I'm willing to bet that HIS application is looking for a PLC other than a SLC 5/04 at node 1.

banghead I'm also willing to bet that the Panelview is configured (on the configuration screen) to read from the memory card on a restart.

banghead Reconfigure the Panelview so that it doesn't read from the card. Pull the memory card. Download your application. It should work this time (assuming that the cabling is good).

There are times that I wish that Phil hadn't disabled HTML code. I would love to make a really big banghead like I used to.

Allen you were right Thank you. Now it's working. Man and all I had to do was to remove the memory card. After all it wasn't a communication problem as I thought. I have been doing that for a week now and finally.
Thanks again everybody for working with me. I am pretty sure that I am not done asking you questions cause I am a beginner in PB-PV so let me work with what I got so far and then if I have any problems I will let you know.

RP

Thank you for using PLCs.net Technical Support Services.

Your post has been monitored for Quality purposes.

Please stay on the line....

Although next time please try to provide more information up front. It wasn't until you posted that an application other than one you downloaded was showing up on the screen that I realized why you thought you were having download problems.

:site:

Hats off to Allen !

:doffs:

Last thing before you go, RP: Register as a user on the website. You'll have to have Cookies enabled on your internet browser, but it's a tradition to set up your username, locality, and avatar (the little picture).

You also can set up screened e-mail (the site sends it, so your address is not revealed) and Private Messages and AIM and all that jazz.

Welcome aboard !

Tom Jenkins said:
Ken, and especially Allen, I am in complete awe of your patience and dedication as well as your expertise!

I agree! I sure thought Ken was gonna start getting vicious 'round about post #20... :p

beerchug

-Eric

This is RP. I am now registered and I have one question. Can anybody tell me if there is a good site where I can find valuable information on programming PB 32.

I just noticed that you're located in Bellevue, Ken. You may find this amusing... :confused:

I don't know how widespread the phrase is, but around here, when someone gets really frustrated, we say we're gonna "Sent Them Back to Bellevue". This is in reference to Bellevue Mental Hospital in NYC.

I see you're already there... :D

beerchug

-Eric

Connecting SLC using Datahighway+ cable

Hi,
I have a blue hose cable and also a SLC503 with a 1747 Scanner(SN module) also I have a SLC 504. How do i connect the DH+ in the SN module.. I think the DH+ can be connected 2 different ways to perform 2 different operations. Plesae help me