Communication between PanelView 1000 and SLC 5/04

Question abt SLC503

I have written a VB program to take some values from the N7:0 file and display it in a text box. i am having problem with the communication i use a RS232 cable for connecting. If i get the communication going i would build the program. Please help me if any one knows.

Pretty sure that the scanner module is only for remote I/O (at least that's the only whay I've used it).

This is from the 1747-SN manual:
The Remote I/O (RIO) scanner, Catalog Number 1747-SN, is the
remote I/O scanner for the SLC 500. It enables communication
between an SLC processor (SLC 5/02 or later) and remotely
located (3,048 meters [10,000 feet] maximum) 1746 I/O chassis and
other RIO compatible Allen-Bradley operator interface and control
devices. The 1747-SN scanner communicates with remotely located
devices using the A-B Remote I/O link. The RIO link consists of a
single master (scanner) and multiple slaves (adapters).
Communication between devices occurs over twisted pair cable with
the devices daisy-chained together. The scanner can reside in any
slot of the local SLC chassis except for slot 0.

Although the cable is the same as DH+, the communications protocol is different. Now, the SLC 5/04 has built in DH+ ....

SN1747 and SLC/504

I have a SN module in a SLC503 and SLC504 i connect using blue hose cable as RIO.
ie
Line 1 - Clear
shield
Line 2 - blue
Is this correct or is it the other way.
Then if i have connected it properly " I am not able to see SLC503 node from the RSlink(Computer) which is connected to the 504 through RS232 cable. Please advice me

I've said the same thing via PM:

I answered this one last week on the RSLogix forum.

In case you forgot, here is a link:
http://www.rockwellsoftware.com/forum/rslogix/messageview.cfm?catid=13&threadid=5988

Upshot. It can't be done.

RIO is a Master/Slave network.
DH+ is a Peer-to-Peer network.

They don't talk the same language.
A SLC cannot be a slave ("adapter mode, in PLC-5 jargon")

It can't be done. Find another way for the two PLCs to communicate.
One possible solution:

SLC 5/03 <---> DF1 port <---> Net-ENI <==========> Net-ENI <---> DF1 port <---> SLC 5/04.