Communication using ASCII

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all. I have a SLC5/03 that I'm trying to write ASCII instructions to send to a Red Lion Display. This is my very first attempt at a project such as this. I thought I had studied the instructions well enough, however my project is not doing what I would like it to do. Looking at my attachment, could someone please give advice? My goal is to send a timers' accumulator value to a serial slave display. If I'm leaving something out please let me know. Thank you.

I don't think I gave enough information above. What I have are two timer accumulator's that I need to display. The way I'm trying to work it is, down-timer turns on to show how much time is left in the process. After that timer times-out, I now have an up-timer that will show how much "extra" time basket has been in the tank. So, whilst it is timing-down, that is the string I want displayed. After that timer completes, I want the the string for the accumulator for the up-timer displayed.

I made several changes to your example...have a look...

How many characters can your message display use? Would you like to add some descriptive text to prefix each of the two values being displayed?

try to use use this cool little trick I learned yesterday
Make your string ST11:1 "N01[t4:1.acc]" see it that transmits out N01600
This is ASSuming that t4:1.acc is equal to 600.

I made several changes to your example...have a look...

How many characters can your message display use? Would you like to add some descriptive text to prefix each of the two values being displayed?

I tried it but my display continues to read only "0". I made sure baud rates and other params match. Still just a "0".

The first thing I would do is start with a clean slate and just 1 rung may be 2 use the example I sent you.

what did you send out the Serial port? what did ST10:1 have in it.
Give bernie's MOVe a try I didn't tnihk about it not sending out the data