Communication with 2 plc's over profibus

wdulli

Hi all,

i'am making a project ( school ) with 3 plc's. I;am using plc's from siemens ( PLC 300 CPU ). There all connected with eachtother with profibus.

I'am stuck with this... How can i send data over profibus. For example i want to 'set' the motor from a conveyer on a PLC2 and when he is done ( sensor x is reached ) it must set a MemBit back to the PLC1. I have searched but with for example SFC65 and SFC66 is only with MPI ( correct me if i'am wrong )

How can i make this work???

Thanks in advance

Hello

If you only need the profibus connection to connect the 300 CPU,s so not for remote I/O for example ET200 S or ET200 M I/O then it would be possible to make one PLC profibus master and the other two plc,s a profibus slave.
In this way it would be possible to set up communication between the PLC,s over profibus.

This is the most low cost configuration,otherwise you have to make use of profibus cp cards or so called DP-DP couplers.

Regards
Henny