Communications between A-B Flex I/O and a Scanner card

JoeBart

J
Hi All:
I am having trouble finding out if a A-B Flex I/O is communicating its analog signal through a twisted shielded pair wire to an A-B scanner card.

I checked the wire and found a resistance of 8 ohms between conductors which were tied together at one end about 650 feet away.

I checked for voltage at the connectors with the wires connected and had + 0.068 volts.

The problem is, I am getting my digital signal but not the analog signal. The analog module was replaced and its still not working. The only thing is that the scanner card has not been changed. Could that be it?

Anyway I need some advice on how to check this type of communications between PLC's.

You help will be most apreciated.

Thanks

Joe

You stated
I am getting my digital signal but not the analog signal

What digital signal do you mean?
What is the layout of flex i/o, is there more than just the analog module and everything else is working?
Do you have an actual signal value going into the analog card?

A little more info is needed to help you out

Drewcrew6

Hi Drewcrew:

I need to get the numbers off the units. I'll get back to you sometime today.
Thanks
Joe