Compact GuardLogix Auto-Reboot No Logged Errors

The source of the problem I experienced was, according to AB, due to switching noise from an inductive load. The resolution was specifically addressing 5069-OW16, 5069-OW4I and 5069-OX4I modules, but the symptoms included faulting the processor. I don't recall for sure if there was a fault logged in the PLC - I don't think so. The recommended solution for my problem was snubbers or suppressors for inductive loads.

If it's happening frequently enough and you can, try popping all the wiring terminals off of the I/O modules and wait to see if that affects the issue.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

gents, I am trying to configure communication with EMERSON PK300 controller through port A1 using generic ethernet communication module . I could...
Replies
Views
I had a comms fault between my VFD and Controller (5069-L320ERS2) that started about a month ago and happened maybe once a day to now where it...
Replies
Views
Im trying to use a MSG instruction to get the serial numbers of all addon cards and display the serials on a HMI interface. I have the logic done...
Replies
Views
Hi I am having comms issues between Citect 8.2 and Compact Guardlogix. 2023-07-14 07:50:54.788 +10:00 [ERROR] [CORE ] [0x114c] [IOServer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we have a 1768 compactlogix 5345s safety controller firmware 20.14. it is randomly giving a major fault and a minor fault. the minor...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom