Compact logix to Cmore HMI

Mr.Robot123

I am stumped here. Anytime I put the PLC into run mode the HMI comes back with PLC-497: error code 0x010100 returned from PLC on CIP and also PLC-001 communication timeout. If I put the PLC in program mode those errors go away and the HMI communicates fine. Any help is appreciated.

PLC-497 code 0x010100: "Connection Manager: Connection in Use or Duplicate Forward Open."

Sounds like an issue with communication setup somewhere. The fact it only occurs in run mode is interesting -- do you have logic in the PLC trying to communicate with the HMI?

what compact are you using?? Send a picture of the of the configuration. assuming your using ethernet in the panel manager tab. also what version of Cmore programming are you using, and which cmore EA7? EA9? Micro?

I am using compact logix L30ER I have a HSC, input module, output module, and two analog modules. I am communicating to a flex I/O via ethernet. The HMI ethernet is connected into the second port on the flex I/O.
I am using Ea9-RHMI v6.75.
This I cannot see anything wrong in my settings. I misspoke in my original post, I only lose communication to the PLC when I am online with the PLC on my laptop. If i keep the PLC running and go offline it starts communicating again.

Last edited:
Anytime I put the PLC into run mode the HMI comes back with PLC-497: error code 0x010100 returned from PLC on CIP and also PLC-001 communication timeout. If I put the PLC in program mode those errors go away and the HMI communicates fine.
Again, I only lose communication to the PLC when I am online with the PLC on my laptop. If i keep the PLC running and go offline it starts communicating again.
You say 'again', but then describe behaviour different from your first post.

Does the problem occur when the PLC is put in run, or when you go online with a connected laptop?

If the latter, verify your laptop has a unique IP address on the machine's network.

EDIT: Per your clarification, does the problem go away if you go offline but do nothing else (ie leave the laptop running and physically connected to the machine)?

Last edited:
plvlce- Yes I misspoke in my original message. My IP on my laptop is not the issue i have tried multiple others just to verify.

I figured it out... Dumb mistake. The revisions were wrong on my modules and for some reason I would have no issues if I was not online with the program but then would stop communicating once I went online.