CompactLogix L20 16#0204 fault

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can anyone shed any light on this or have i got a duff IO module ?

The unit has a 2 line test program and 3 1769-IQ16 SerA Rev2 cards installed (Slots 1,2,3)

one address for the IO is used in the 2 line test that is

Local:1:I.Data.0

After about 3 seconds the unit faults

OK Light Flashing Red
IO Light Flashing Green
DHC0 Solid Green

Logix5000 is configured for Major Rev1 as there is no 2 in the drop down ? Running 12.05 of Logix5000

Screen shots here

(BTW first look at a logix 5000 processor and i know the L20 is old now)

logix1.jpg

Logix2.jpg

Logix3.jpg

On the module properties for the I/O Module, Module Definition, Click Change, Under Electronic Keying Change it to Disable keying

That should overcome the revision thing, you may need a newer version of RS5000, To get the right file for they cards.

Also under the connection tab uncheck the Major fault on controller tab, this may help when testing.

myles

Myles said:
On the module properties for the I/O Module, Module Definition, Click Change, Under Electronic Keying Change it to Disable keying

That should overcome the revision thing, you may need a newer version of RS5000, To get the right file for they cards.

Also under the connection tab uncheck the Major fault on controller tab, this may help when testing.

myles

All cards are set to disable keying

Myles said:

myles

You cannot uncheck this on a compact logix, only a control logix i believe

I tried to set this up, I have all exept version 16 of RS5000 installed and cant seem to find the 1769 IQ/16 wirg a Major revision 2. What revision of controller is it?

I have only had a wee play with the compact logix, so not that familiar, the only other thing I can think of may be the connections between the cards?

On my file i can change the major fault on controller, but that is an offline file, i thought it would have been the same, if you were online in program mode.

You installed v15 on your computer -- or you flashed the L20?? There's a difference!

I have up to v16 installed on my computer. When I try to setup a test program using an L20, it has versions 15 and 16 "grayed out" -- they're apparently not legal options for that hardware. Only up to v13.19 is supported for the L20.

When you get either a CompactLogix or a ControlLogix fresh out of the box, they're firmware is, I believe, v1.0 or v1.1. Basically just enough firmware to boot up. You have to flash the CPU to the version you need to use. Instructions can be found in this document. You can download the firware for the CPU from here (registration required).

OZEE said:
You installed v15 on your computer -- or you flashed the L20?? There's a difference!

I installed Logix5000 V15

OZEE said:
I have up to v16 installed on my computer. When I try to setup a test program using an L20, it has versions 15 and 16 "grayed out" -- they're apparently not legal options for that hardware. Only up to v13.19 is supported for the L20.

Correct, i didnt realise this, when i connect to the L20 my version says 12.05

OZEE said:
When you get either a CompactLogix or a ControlLogix fresh out of the box, they're firmware is, I believe, v1.0 or v1.1. Basically just enough firmware to boot up. You have to flash the CPU to the version you need to use. Instructions can be found in this document. You can download the firware for the CPU from here (registration required).

This ones not fresh out of the box and had a previous program in it so i am assuming that it has F/W installed, how do i check this?

curlyandshemp said:
I'm assuming you have the end cap on after the last module.

Ian

Ahhhhhhhh

I have

EndCap - L20 - IQ16 - IQ16 - IQ16 - PA4

Only One end cap.........

I remember reading something here about compact logix end caps ?

504bloke said:
Correct, i didnt realise this, when i connect to the L20 my version says 12.05

This ones not fresh out of the box and had a previous program in it so i am assuming that it has F/W installed, how do i check this?

I don't have one that I can go online with, so I don't know if this is really looking at what's in the processor or if it's what's stored in the program, but it should be the same...

Edit > Controller Properties

504bloke said:
Ahhhhhhhh

I have

EndCap - L20 - IQ16 - IQ16 - IQ16 - PA4

Only One end cap.........

I remember reading something here about compact logix end caps ?

yeah, you need one on the PA4. The one on the processor comes with it, but the end cap to the right is a separate part. 1769-ECR.