CompactLogix Motion Controller Programming

I downloaded the .zip files from the site and the same action occurred. I have about 8 versions installed I think. Dates back to probably 10 or so?

You have the minimum requirements for running RSL5K Rev.20.xy.
Have you tried to uninstall Rev.20.01, reboot and then reinstall it with all the options checked?

I will uninstall and try to reinstall all of RSLogix 5000, thanks. This could be until tomorrow until we chat again haha

Yep, it'll take awhile...:cry:

One more thing...Rev.20 includes .eds files within the Module Profiles since it is supposed to automatically detect newly added hardware! :geek:

Make sure you are running RSLinx Rev.2.59.

Well, if this is the case and a clean uninstall/install doesn't do it then you will have to bite the bullet and call RA TechSupport...:D

Once I uninstalled and then only installed v20 everything worked thanks! Now I just have to figure out how to program the compactlogix, panelview plus 600 and the two kinetic drives all together. :)

Thank you, you're the best. Kinetix and this motion stuff is all new to me and I'm glad you were here to help me.

It goes both ways for pretty much everyone else here...(y)
You never know when you might be able to answer my own un-answered questions...:confused:

PLC Clock Sync

I am using a compactlogix, through RSLogix 5000 V20.01, trying to sync my PLC clock to my FactoryTalk SE master CPU. I am using the Logix 5000 Clock Update Tool and I can see it updating the controller properties date and time field. Where can I find that in the system values? I try to move the wallclocktime system value into a UDT of Datetime[7] but it doesn't take the actual time in the field it takes another value from somewhere else in the PLC. Any suggestions on where the date/time field from the controller properties is located?