CompactLogix Safety PLC

sparkleplc

I want to use CompactLogix Safety PLC for an application that has a bunch of safety applications, and instead of using safety switches/relays, we decided to go for a safety PLC.
I wanted to know what I/O Modules go with it and if any other things to be kept in mind?
Anyone who has worked with these???

CompactGuardLogix can natively support CIP safety only over Ethernet/IP.

You may preferably use Point Guard I/O or CompactBlock Guard Safety I/O

Remember you'll need to have RSLogix 5000 v18 or newer to program these controllers; be aware only LITE, FULL or PROFESSIONAL editions can be used for Safety programming.
Alternatively, the Safety editor can be purchased separately and added to Standard edition to gain safety functionality.
The catalog number for this part is 9324-RLDGLXE.

Hope this helps,
- fuzzy logic

Thank you.

We are actually planning to go for the Compact Logix 1769-L32E and use safety relays. That options seems cheaper, because we need ethernet and 1769-L43S doesn't have an ethernet port. So it's anyway costly and then buying separate ethernet module is making the cost pretty high.

If you're using programmable safety relays, I recommend using a Sick safety relays very highly. They are cheap, modular and very easy to program, and allow you to "seal off" critical safety functions from regular systems or machine program modifications. The Multi-Mini (mm0p) is particularly cost effective for small systems. Once you've used something like this you won't want to go back to hard-wired designs in a hurry. I just finished a system for protecting a robot manufacturing cell and it was really easy once I worked out how the robot safety feedbacks worked.