Help CompactLogix L43S Fault: Safety task is inoperable.

italo2008

Hi all

I'm new to safety PLCs and I've the following problem:

HW: CPU CompactGuardLogix L43s, 1734 AENT with safety modules 1734 IB8S/OB8S

When I go online with the controller, I have Major Fault code 14 code 7, that is

Code:
Safety task is inoperable.
This fault occurs when the safety logic is invalid. For example, a
mismatch in logix exists between the primary controller and
safety partner, a watchdog timeout occurred, or memory is
corrupt.

I can compile the safety main routine (the only safety routine in the sw) without errors or warnings, so I have no idea about this and I don't find any more detailed explanation about this "safety logic is invalid"

some ideas?

thx

Similar Topics

I have a DLR setup with a few nodes, a compactlogix and a stratix5700. The setup works, but what I'm looking for is a way to turn the DLR status...
Replies
Views
My issue is twofold. I just got my boss to get studio 5000. I knew I had programs for our machines ranging from versions 30 to 33 so I downloaded...
Replies
Views
Absolute newby here. Also new to PLC. But I am a seasoned Electronics and Computer Tech. Helping to get my buddy's machine back up and running...
Replies
Views
Okay. On a semi-impulse, I scored one of these units relatively inexpensively. A development rig upgrade over my L320ERM: 5MB user memory, 120...
Replies
Views
Fighting with a GSV instruction, program is from a L32ER and moving program to a L30ER. Trying to use GSV as a comms active check. Other tech is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom