Compactlogix (System Time Base Question)

markymark31

Hi Guys,

Do the Compactlogix processors have something similar to the Time Base S:4/14 etc. bits that you get in a Micrologix. I quite often use these for flashing lamps etc.

I've searched through the manual but can't see anything obvious.

Many thanks,

Mark.

Create a new task. Make it periodic. If you want a 1 second flasher make its period 500ms. In it make a program, in that make a routine. The routine will contain 1 rung. If NOT flash bit - OTE flash bit.

The periodic task that Bernie recommends is best as it takes advantage of the superior capabilities of the CLX platform. Learning to properly use tasks will improve your control and your programs.

If you are trying to maintain some semblance of compatibility with an existing ML program and you really do need a free running clock like the ML S:4 then it is simple enough to make one. Create an unconditional timer and call it S4 or whatever name suits you with a preset of 214783647 and unconditionally unlatch S4.acc.30.

S4.acc.30
---------+TON-------------+-(EN}---------(U)--
|Timer S4 +-(DN) *
|Preset 214783647|
|Accum 0|
+----------------+

*you can put output instructions in series in a CLX

Unlatching S4.acc.30 will guarantee that the timer will never time out.
S4.acc.0 has a period of 2mS
S4.acc.1 has a period of 4ms
S4.acc.2 has a period of 8mS
S4.acc.8 has a period of .512S
S4.acc.9 has a period of 1.024S
etc.

You will have available S4.acc.0 through S4.acc.29. You can assign an alias to any bit in S4.acc. For example, Rapid_Flash might alias S4.acc.8 and Slow_Flash might alias S4.acc.10

Last edited: