Compactlogix to PAC3220 via ModbusTCP

Hazellnuts54

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to make a AB Compactlogix L30ER get some currents/voltages etc. from a Siemens PAC3220 power meter.

I'm currently using an AOI from the Rockwell website (ModbusTCP V2.03.00)

And after watching a few hours of videos online I'm still having no luck with it.

Has anyone made this connection before (or something similar) and has some tips that they could throw my way?

Thanks

Can you provide more details in your setup, even better upload of you ACD file in a faulted state?
- Are you using Client or Server (I assume client)?
- Are you getting Connected Status Bit?
- Did you configure a transaction? Show us an example of what you did and Siemens manual to support that data
- The default StationID in AOI is 0. Did you try a different number, like 1 or -1?

Hi Contr_Conn,

Your comment on the station ID got some cogs working in my mind.

I read up a little more and it turns out you were right, the station ID was set to 0 as a default and it needed setting to 5.

After setting it to 5 the AOI sprung into action and I'm now reading integers back from the Power Meter.

Thanks for your help!

From my experience, setting StationID to a correct value solves many AOI issues.
Saying this, do you have an idea why this power meter uses value of 5?

StationID or UID, should be used only if there are multiple devices under one IP address and each device needs to be accessed individually.
In this case UID should start with 1 and increment with each additional device.
In all other cases StationID (UID) should remain at 0.
Unfortunately I have seen a wide variety of implementations that instead of 0 use 1, 255 (-1), and many other random numbers.