Configure a Logix5000 Message?

wendaiyu

Hi, guys, how’s going?

If we want to configure a Logix5000 Message, then send it from controller AA to controller BB, should we add controller AA on controller BB I/O Configuration? Or we just need to set up the communication path properly (attachment 2)?

Because as attachment 1, in CUT project, we can read the message which comes from controller RAIL properly, even there is an exclamation point (!) on controller RAIL in CUT project I/O Configuration.

Thanks a lot.

1.JPG 2.JPG

With MSG instruction, you do not have to configure the other PLC in your IO Tree.

However, doing it would make your path statement easier to configure because you can just point your path statement to the name of the PLC you configured in your IO tree. Clear as mud?

You do not need to have the Target controller in the I/O tree of the Originator controller to send a MSG instruction using a ControlLogix or CompactLogix controller.

I agree that it makes it easier to select the CIP Path string. But it is not required.

In the screenshot you posted, the I/O tree is incomplete for this purpose; it shows only the 1756-ENBT Ethernet module (WUPPER_RAIL) but not the ControlLogix CPU itself on the backplane.