Configure MM420 for profibus

mitar

When I setup parametar in micromaster, I don't understand why I have got parametar P2012.0 and P2012.1. In manual said that I must put in that parametar length of PZD words which I use to comunicate with micromaster.

I comunicate in my program via PPO1 type telegram (4 words for PKW area and 2 for PZD area).

Where I must put 2 ??? In P2012.0 or in P2012.1.
Analog problem is for P2013 parametar. (for PKW part).

Last edited:
2012.0 and 1 have nothing to do with profibus. These are for USS comms.
The only parameters you need to touch are
P700=6
P1000=6
and possibly 2051.0 and 1 which is the transmitted data from drive to PLC.
Thats it.

Thanks JRW, for your answer

I put in P0700 and P1000 number 6. The green light flashing on micromaster, but it tells me error F0070 and A0703.

I faund on this forum code for controling micromaster via control words and I download it to PLC but nothing...
I red about this error on this forum, and NoName tells when he send right control word to drive error dissapeared. But in my case nothing...

The code is:

L 4000
T PQW 258
L 1150 (047E hex)
T PQW 256

L 1151 (047F)
T PQW 256

but nothing happens...
I'm going crazy... I tried that thausand times but nothing...

Have any got any idea....
Is this cabling problem ???

And I must add... When I put PLC in RUN mode green light stop flashing...

Last edited:
maybe u should go tomorow on usual card game and play verry verry bad!!
iff u loose some times on one place maybe u can win on other?

:p :p :D :D :p ;)

Mitar,

Give this block a try. Its an easy function block to control MM4 drives. I'm also going to post it in Phil's download section.

Thanks to all,

I will try control micromaster via SFC14 and SFC15 functions...
I will write again to tell what happen...

Yesterday I was trying to move mm420 via SFC14 and SFC15....

First when I come there and download configuration i saw standard error. F0070 and A0703. Nothing strange... I try to move but nothinggg....

Then I save OB1 in OB2 to backup it and put this code in OB1:

L PIW 256
T DB1.DBW0

Only this...When I start program and monitor DB1.DBW0 I saw EAB8...
I red in manual that status word and it tell me error overolading convertor, overloading motor, fault is active, alarm is active....Everything the worst...

Suddenly on MM I saw only error A0703 (in manual said that control word = 0 which i send to mm. It's OK. I only readig from PIW part.). F0070 dissapiered..
I start program again and saw in DB1.DBW0 word EAB1...
1 on the end tells me that motor is ready for run... I try with code for running and motor start to go...

But after that F0070 start flashing again...
I don't know why...Of course I couldn't move motor again...
Now I move motor but I don't know how...

Any idea ???
Is problem in software..And something to add...When I look in Module diagnostic STEP7 tell me that PLC status is OK but that in my configuration is PLC 6ES7 314-6CF00-0AB0 but it expect 6ES7 314-6CF01-0AB0. I try to find gsd file for that exepecting module but on siemens pages is only my gsd file. (It is PLC 314C - 2DP)...

Why dont you use my block and just drop it in??

Everything is mapped for you

Post your program and I'll put the code in for you.

Last edited:
My file exceeds the size limit- oh well

Just use the block (sample file) above and make sure P918 is set to the correct address

Last edited:
Today I know something else...

F0070-my big problem... When I turn off mm and start again it disappear. I think that problem is in that, when I saw that motor can't run I put PLC in stop mode. Then mm start to blinking F0070 and A0703 which means I lose communication. OK. It's logicaly. But

strange to me is that that I don't know any other way (except turn off), to move this error. (if I try with start program again error blinking and nothing happens..)

JRW, today or tomorow I 'll try on your way,...

mitar said:
Today I know something else...

F0070-my big problem... When I turn off mm and start again it disappear. I think that problem is in that, when I saw that motor can't run I put PLC in stop mode. Then mm start to blinking F0070 and A0703 which means I lose communication. OK. It's logicaly. But

strange to me is that that I don't know any other way (except turn off), to move this error. (if I try with start program again error blinking and nothing happens..)

JRW, today or tomorow I 'll try on your way,...

Couple of things you can do...

Don't stop the PLC when the drive messes up. Set an error bit or something so that the PLC stops trying to move the drive but keeps on running. No more F0070 since the drive still gets messages from the PLC.

You can also change 2 parameters in the drive to make it behave differently when it gets F0070. I can't remember their numbers (somewhere in the P1000 to P1200 range). This needs to be evaluated carefully because the drive will keep running when it loses the PLC, which can be undesirable and even dangerous.

Also, the overload messages you mentioned earlier are set up so that 1=no overload, 0=overload condition. In other words, they should all be 1 when things are ok.

Last edited:
First, I must say thanks to all of you who help me in solving problem...

After 5 days working today I know that problem is not in program code.
In friday one man who working with elektricity, was there with me and said to me that problem is in micromastar. I don't know many things about elektricity but like he said mm is to weak to move that machines...He said that output cuurent is not enaugh.

And one big thanks to PLCnet :site: