Connect Factory Talk View and Rslogix5000 emulator in same PC

minaykha

Hi,

Anyone can guide me?

Can i run Factory Talk SE client file and communicate with RsLogix5000 emulator by using in a same laptop?

If yes, how can i configure the communication setup.

Thank.

Assuming that you are running a local (as opposed to network) application, and are using RSLinx Enterprise for your server, it's simple. In the communication setup, you should have a 1789-A17 backplane. Right click on it and choose Add Device, then pick ControlLogix 55xx emulator from the list. You'll be prompted for the version, name, and slot number of the emulator. I don't think that the name is critical, but the version and slot number must be correct.