Connecting a new Panelview Plus to a SLC 5/04

A colleague at my last place used a Prosoft module (mentioned above) to connect a newer PV+ to a PLC5 via DH+. Given my experience with PV+ HMIs in the past, and after reading some threads on here and other fora about their general weirdness, I don't think I would entirely trust the USB-RS232 adapter method long term, even if I could get it to work in the first place. And you're right, the ProSoft module is expensive enough you'll want to find another way.

It's been a long time since I had to replace an HMI on DH+, but Uticor had a model that would drop in natively. They were the only "aftermarket" HMI manufacturer we could find at the time that supported DH+ natively. They're definitely worth looking into.

Similar Topics

I have been working on this for a while now and I can't seem to get it. I was finally able to view the 1500 on the PanelView under the serial...
Replies
Views
Hello all! Can someone shed some light on this? I am trying to connect a PVP 6 to a PLC-5/30 through the serial ports because the old touch...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Just a thought I have a pvp on a 192.168.1.xxx network if I wanted to add a the screen to a second network say 192.168.0.xxx could I...
Replies
Views
is it possible to comunicate a powerflex 753 (ccw) using ethernet 20-750-ENETR card to a panelview plus 6 1250 (factorytalk view studio me)...
Replies
Views
I am trying to set up a PV+ 1000 to monitor plant wide processes. I am not having any trouble setting up the Control Logix and SLCs that I have...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom