Connecting two different networks to a control logix controller(L5561 )

danemotty

I am wondering what would be the best way to connect our 2 Process control networks to a new control logix controller (L5561 )
Can you install two ethernet cards in the logix controller and have different ip address'. For example

Therefore, if you lose the link to the 91 network, the 92 network would pick up the traffic?

I am wondering what would be the best way to connect our 2 Process control networks to a new control logix controller (L5561 )
Can you install two ethernet cards in the logix controller and have different ip address'. For example

Yes

Therefore, if you lose the link to the 91 network, the 92 network would pick up the traffic?
I think success there is going to depend on the configuration of the other devices involved in this "traffic", but this should be possible with PC based communications.

As Okie says, yes. You can have a rack full of Ethernet cards if you want, without an issue.
It might be possible depending on sub-netting, if you are only messaging information back and forth. In that case, you detect a failure, and switch to a different set of MSG instructions to try and read off of the secondary network.

In reality, this is best handled with a router external to the PLC.