Contactor Relays on Pulsed Safety Outputs

Jieve

Hi all,

has anyone ever had any issues with premature failure, etc. when using contactor relays on pulse monitored safety outputs?

We are using Keyence GC-1000 safety controllers on robot cells used to switch off mains contactors. When set to self-monitor the outputs, the output drops out with 2 pulses, the zero pulse duration is up to 250usec with 52ms between the two pulses. This pattern repeats every 850ms. The contactors (actually Siemens control relays in this case) don't drop out, but I can definitely hear them slightly click at the 850ms interval. I'm wondering if this is an issue in any way.

I can't adjust the pulse length or duration.

Thanks,

Similar Topics

Customer want to use contactor for their 5HP motor blower application. im leaning to VFD. anyone use contractor for blower application...
Replies
Views
Hello. We use AB PowerFlex 7000 drives in a pump station. The operator just called to report a fault on one drive: "STATUS: Faulted" "FAULT: DI...
Replies
Views
I'm using an Automation Direct GS20 VFD for the first time and I have a question for the Automation Direct gurus regarding the recommendation of a...
Replies
Views
I have a customer request that reads (slightly edited) Smart Motor Contactor This will monitor incoming power for irregularities in voltage...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I know this is off-topic, but I'm sure someone will know this. I have an older machine with a 3 phase 208 VAC 10 HP pump motor that is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom