Control Lenze 9300 via CAN bus

mana

Hi,

I have a Lenze 9300 servo motor. I want to control it via CAN bus. I've implemented CAN protocol in FPGA and I send standard frame over bus to the drive. My problem is that my FPGA commands are applied only when the bus is connected to USB-CANBUS converter and the driver is enabled. For example, if I first run lenze software( global drive control) and then send my packets then they will be applied but as soon as I close the software; drive(controller) sends a bunch of messages and will not listen to my messages anymore!!
I think the drive does not detects me as a node. Therefore, when I open GDC, it detects my packets as GDC packets! but, the interesting point is that there is no change in the output of usb converter as heartbeat which shows the presence of node!(I have checked voltages and scanned it with opto!!)
please help me.

thanks,

Hi

Lenze 9300 servo drives can be controller via CAN, I do it all the time.

Can you give more details on the CAN bus setup? What are the CAN bus parameters in the 9300 drive? Is the drive master or slave? What is the node address?
Do you want to use SDO or PDO?

Do you have a tool to monitor the CAN bus? It is easier to solve this problem if you can show us the faulty CAN frames.